Introduction to Richard Reeve's Foundation
The Foundation was created in 1706 following the death in 1702 of Richard Reeve. He was a Merchant Taylor who had no immediate family and left his estate in trust to help educate children in the parish of St Sepulchre.
In 2010 a company limited by guarantee was formed which is now the trustee of Richard Reeve's Endowment, as the original charity is now called.
The Foundation is staffed by the Clerk to the Governors, who is responsible for the day to day running and administration of the Foundation, and has a board of not more than thirteen Governors.
Click here to see our entry in the register of charities at the Charity Commission, Charity number 1136337
Annual Reports and Publications
As a registered charity the Foundation has to produce annual accounts and a report according to guidelines laid down by the Charity Commission.
You can download our annual report and accounts using the links below.
Governance of Richard Reeve's Foundation
The governing body is limited to thirteen people:
One ex-officio Governor, who is the Rector of St Sepulchre without Newgate or his nominated deputy.
Seven nominated Govenors:
- Two by the Churchwardens of the Parish Church of St Sepulchre without Newgate
- One by the Corporation of the City of London
- One by the Council of the London Borough of Islington
- One by the Council of the London Borough of Camden
- Two by the Almoners of Christ’s Hospital
Five co-opted GovernorsDirect recruitment of new Governors is limited to vacancies occuring in the co-opted posts.